10 Types Of Partition Walls For Your Dream Home
10 Types Of Partition Walls For Your Dream Home
Partition walls are vertical dividers which are used to separate building internal spaces into rooms and circulation areas like corridors.
Types of partition walls and their applications are discussed in the following sections.
Depending upon the material used partition walls may be divided into the following different types:
- Brick partitions wall
- Clay brick partition wall
- Glass partitions wall
- Concrete partitions wall
- plaster slab partition wall
- wood-wool partition wall
- Timber partitions
- Portable Partition Wall
- Plywood and Fibreboard Partition Wall
- Drywall Partition
Brick Partitions Wall
Brick partition is one of the most common and economical types of partition wall. There are mainly three different types of brick partition walls:
- Plain brick partition wall
- Reinforced brick partition wall
- Brick nogging partition wall
Clay Brick Partition Wall
Clay blocks utilized are well prepared from dirt or ceramic, and that they are either solids or hollow.
- Here, the partition wall blocks are manufactured from clay or terracotta and the blocks may be hollow or solid.
- The hollow clay blocks are commonly employed for light partition wall.
- The thickness of the clay block partition wall varies between 6 cm to 15 cm.
- The construction process of hollow clay block partition wall is similar to structural load–bearing
- Hollow clay block partition walls are rigid, economical, strong, fire-resistant, and good heat and sound insulators.
Glass partition wall
A glass partition wall is lightweight, easy, and economical in construction and provides reasonable privacy and sound insulation. This partition wall is constructed from or hollow glass blocks as discussed below:
- glass sheet
- hollow glass Block
Concrete Partition Wall
1.Cast in Situ Concrete Partition Wall
2.Precast Concrete Slab Partitions Wall
Plaster Slab Partition Wall
- Precast units of plaster slab are prepared in an iron or timber mould with the size of 1 to 2m long, 30cm high, and 50 to 100mm thick.
- Plaster slab partition wall is provided with suitable grooves to create rigid joints.
- Plaster slab surface of this partition wall may be left smooth or rough and the formwork is not plastered. However, the rough surface acts as a key for the plaster.
Wood-Wool Partition Wall
- Wood-wool partition wall consists of long tangled wood fibres, uncompacted, coated, and bound together with cement or plaster. It has a rough open surface which provides an excellent key for the plaster.
- It acts as good heat and sound insulator.
A timber partition wall that consists of a wooden framework which is either supported on the floor below or by the sidewalls.
- The framework of a timber partition wall consists of a rigid arrangement of timber which may be covered with boarding on both sides.
- Such type of partition wall is not fire-resistant and the timber forming the partition is likely to decay or attacked by white ants.
- Nowadays, the use of a timber partition wall is decreasing due to its high cost.
Portable Partition Wall
A portable partition wall is a mobile and foldable partition which provides a temporary partition. It has two full panel end members which provide support, rigidity, and privacy and ensure noise reduction. These can be folded and are on wheels, allowing mobility and ease of storage.
Three common uses of portable partition wall are
- To divide a space or room quickly, especially in places where immobile permanent room dividers may be unavailable or impractical.
- These are economical and cost-effective for creating a classroom or meeting room in an existing space.
- They are suitable vision divider to conceal door openings to restrooms, commercial kitchens, and other backroom areas.
Portable Partitions are commonly used in:
- Houses, churches and other places of worship, Temples and funeral homes
- Conference halls and convention centres
- Corporate and government offices
- Hotels and restaurants
- Spas, salons, libraries, and schools
Plywood and Fibreboard Partition Wall
Plywood can also be used for making partitions. It is available in 4 feet wide and 5 to 8 feet long sheets that are 1/4 to 3/4 inch thick. It is usually placed vertically from the floor to the ceiling. When plywood is correctly placed with flush joints, the joints need not be concealed. However, to enhance the wall appearance, joints may be covered with mouldings. Plywood is less expensive and can be covered with paint or covered in the same way as plastered surfaces.
Some important points to be considered while using plywood partition walls are:
- It is lightweight and easy to construct.
- It is neither soundproof nor fireproof.
- It is not suitable for damp areas.
Drywall, also known as gypsum board or plasterboard is a panel made of gypsum plaster pressed between two thick sheets of paper. Drywalls are majorly used to make interior walls and partitions. Drywall partition system has replaced lath and plaster today because it is quick to work with.
Features of Drywall Interior Partition:
- Quick installation
- Dry construction
- Lightweight and flexible
- Sound insulators
- Fire resistant
- Thermal security
- Available in all types of finishes
After knowing the features of the different types of partition walls you will be able to pick the right partition wall for your home. Partition walls improve the functionality and the aesthetic appeal of a space. So, go ahead and choose one for your home!
Pakej Asas Bina Rumah atas Tanah Sendiri akan dapat ruang tamu macam ni.
Ya! Dengan pakej asas sahaja dah dapat ruang tamu seperti dalam gambar!
Jom bina rumah dengan Top One Property
Kami di 𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗬 membina dan menjual rumah di Kelantan dan Terengganu. Rumah yang kami tawarkan lebih murah berbanding dengan kualiti yang kami tawarkan. Bahan yang kami gunakan untuk membina rumah adalah dari jenama-jenama terkemuka dan semestinya dengan kualiti terjamin!
Info lanjut hubungi:
𝟎𝟏𝟑 𝟔𝟎𝟐 𝟗𝟏𝟗𝟏 (𝐖𝐚𝐧 𝐈𝐳𝐳𝐚𝐭)
𝟎𝟏𝟑 𝟗𝟏𝟑 𝟗𝟏𝟗𝟏 (𝐖𝐚𝐧 𝐙𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢)
𝟎𝟏𝟏 𝟔𝟐𝟗𝟐 𝟗𝟏𝟗𝟏 (𝐙𝐮𝐥 𝐇𝐚𝐪𝐢𝐟)
Klik untuk terus whatsapp
𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐃𝐍 𝐁𝐇𝐃
📍 Lot 2007 Tingkat 1 Block JSection 37,
Jalan Pengkalan Chepa, 15400 Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
📞 09 773 9191